TestMart maintains high standards for packaging your delicate equipment.
- Packaging of equipment will be in compliance with applicable specifications, manufacturer's recommendations whenever possible or to the specific requirements of the customer.
- Packing methods must ensure items are sufficiently protected to prevent damage.
- When required by contract, special packing material will be provided.
- TestMart has limited number of acceptable packaging methods which when properly used ensure the safe transportation of their products.
- The specific type of packaging is dependent on the size and weight of the unit being shipped.
- The following are the three most common methods of packaging materials used by Testmart.
- Bubble Wrap
- "Loose fill" particles
- The recommended bursting strength for corrugated containers for the equipment shipped by TestMart is 275 pounds.
- The boxes purchased by TestMart are all double wall corrugated and meet this requirement.
- Three-inch reinforced gummed carton industrial sealing tape is used to seal cartons for shipping.
- Reusing boxes is acceptable when returning equipment to a vendor (RTV) or sending equipment to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for calibration or repair.
- All previous markings or labeling shall be removed or covered prior to shipment.
- Used boxes may only be reused if there is no possibility of jeopardizing the condition or status of the equipment.
- Containers weighing from 75 to 150 pounds in most instances, should be palletized for ease of handling and to preserve the safely of the equipment.
- Items weighing in excess of 150 pounds must be fitted with pallets.
- When multiple boxes are transported on a single pallet: banding straps, stretch wrap or a combination shall be used to secure those boxes on the pallet.